Short on CME Credits? FOMA District 7 has gathered many online CME resources to help you meet your Licensure requirements. Visit the links below to find Online courses, articles and more.
142 E Ontario Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611-2864
330 E. Algonquin Road – Suite 1
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005
3500 DePauw Blvd. – Suite 1080
Indianapolis, Indiana 46268
4052 Bald Cypress Way – BIN #C06
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3256
2007 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
2563 Capitol Medical Blvd.
Tallahassee, Florida 32308
Global RPH — Drug Tables, Calculators and Articles
AOA Guide for osteopathic Physicians
Definition of category 1 and 2 (1-A, 1-B, 2-A, 2-B) CME credit as well as the AOA CME requirements for AOA membership.AOA CME GUIDE FOR OSTEOPATHIC PHYSICIANS
CME Requirements for Florida Relicensure
In order to retain their Florida Licenses, Osteopathic physicians must earn a set number of hours of Continuing Medical Education CME credit.
- Each physician must complete a total of 40 CME hours, 20 of which must be AOA Category 1-A.
Included in the 40 hours, there are five (5) Mandatory Hours required for Florida relicensure (Each Licensure Period) and cannot be taken by Correspondence. The Following must be LIVE, PARTICIPATORY credits.
- 2 hours of Prevention of Medical Errors
- 1 hour of Professional Ethics
- 1 hour of Florida Laws and Rules
- 1 Hour of Federal and State Laws Related to the Prescribing of Controlled Substances
In addition to the above 5 hours, you are required to take 2 hours of Domestic Violence every six years. This may be taken by correspondence:
2 hours of Domestic Violence every 6 years Starting 4/1/06
FOR NEW LICENSEES ONLY:
- 1 hour of HIV/AIDS must be taken before the end of your FIRST licensure renewal. All those that are not in their first two years of licensure are NOT REQUIRED to take an HIV/AIDS course.
Only 8 hours of Correspondences courses can be counted towards your 40 total hours required for relicensure.